We have a wonderful weekend planned at the People’s Library. Come visit us in front of the Douglass-Truth Library in the Central District, at the corner of 23rd and Yesler. Bring your family, neighbors, and friends!
This afternoon, Katie will be helping children to make their own FINGER PUPPETS. Other arts, crafts, and games will be available all day including BUTTON MAKING and materials for kids to WRITE THEIR OWN STORY!
Due to the community’s overwhelming generosity, we have an abundance of reading material. We want to spend the remaining two days curating the books we have already received. Thus, WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING BOOK DONATIONS. There are still many ways to contribute to the People’s Library.
- If you are a musician and would like to perform, we would love to have you on our “stage” anytime outside of 2pm and 6pm storytime.
- We also welcome any meal or snack donations to keep the librarians and library patrons well fed. (Please, no sugary snacks!) We have a hibachi-style grill that can be fired up at a moment’s notice for any grill-ables.
- Extra volunteers at set-up and break down are especially valuable. We start setting up the library at 9am and start loading up at 7:30 pm. Break down and clean up on Sunday night promises to be an especially large task so please consider pitching in.
- If you have a few minutes to spare when you come by the library and you want to help, ask a librarian what needs to be done. We can also use extra hands to keep the library clean and well-organized.
- We are still accepting financial donations to help cover library costs (e.g. moving truck, gas, arts and crafts and office supplies, food and drinks, etc). If you are able, please consider donating online at https://www.wepay.com/donations/seattle-peoples-library or in cash at the library.
To volunteer, email email@example.com, leave a comment here, or just show up! Here is a general schedule for the day:
1 pm: Snacks, provided by Gabriel
2pm: Children’s Storytime
5:30 pm- Dinner (Pizza!)
6pm: Children’s Storytime