UPDATE: Thank you all for your generous donations! At this point, we definitely have more than enough books for the week! We are still in need for books for children and young adults. Donations can still be brought to any of the drop-off locations below or, even better, directly to the library! (If you leave books at any of the donation sites, please comment below or email email@example.com so that we know books are waiting for us to pick up.)
The People’s Library relies on book donations! If you have books or other reading materials you no longer need, please consider donating. We especially need books for children and young adults. The easiest way to donate books is by bringing them to the library when we open on Monday, August 27. If you would like to donate books ahead of time, you can bring the books to any of the locations below.
- Cafe Racer in the U-District
- New Freeway Hall in Columbia City
- Mockingbird Books in Green Lake
- Peace for the Streets by Kids from the Streets (PSKS) on Capitol Hill. Open for donations Monday 12-9pm, Wednesday and Friday 12-3pm.
- Third Place Books in Ravenna
- Twice Sold Tales on Capitol Hill
- Anarchist Book Fair on Sunday, Aug 26 at the Vera Project in Lower Queen Anne. We will have a table outside.
- If you have books to donate but cannot get to any donation locations, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will try to arrange a pick-up!
We will post more locations as we get them. Please leave a comment here with any recommendations for businesses or organizations that may be willing to host a drop-box.
If you would like to help collect book donations, try asking your local bookstore. Many new and used bookstores are happy to donate recently outdated magazines or book editions, books with minor damages, and/or overstock that they have not been able to sell.
Also, ask your friends, family members, roommates, co-workers, etc if they have any reading material to donate. (And invite them to join us at the Library next week!)